Education and Public Outreach
The main goal of the Education and Public Outreach (EPO) group is to ensure broad dissemination of BCSS research results and promoting the Centre’s activities and achievements to the general public, nationally and internationally. The group also acts as a focal point for educational activities aimed at pre-university students and for the recruitment of bachelor students to the BCSS master’s program.
Selected Outreach Activities
- Research Days, Bergen
- Participation in VilVite’s (Bergen science museum) talent program for youth
- Master’s Recruitment Program
- Solar eclipse event on Svalbard
- Participation in Next Step concert series (Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra)
- NASA comes to VilVite
- Kavli Symposium and Passion for Science exhibit at the UiB Museum
- BCSS Phd candidate participates in (and wins!) Forsker Grandprix Competition 2022
- Popular science article in Naturen (Norwegian)
You can follow the latest news from Birkeland Centre on Twitter and Facebook.